The main positions in the list of the most common diseases of the 21st century are invariably occupied by diseases of the spine. The first line, in most cases, belongs to the diagnosis: osteochondrosis of the cervical spine - a dangerous disease that requires mandatory intervention of experienced doctors.
The disease does not spare anyone, neither women nor men (clinical cases of cervical osteochondrosis in men are less often recorded than in women, but they do occur). In addition, the disease "rejuvenates" every year, today signs of cervical osteochondrosis can be observed not only in those who have crossed the age threshold at 40 years, but also in those who celebrated their 25th birthday yesterday. .
What is osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, what serves as a catalyst for the development of this disease, why an epidemic called osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae is growing, what symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis shouldbe a reason for a visit to a medical institution, how not to be at risk and eat a chance to get rid of cervical osteochondrosis forever? For those looking for answers to these questions, this article is intended. So first of all.
General disease information
This disease can be characterized in one word - dystrophy. It occurs against the background of changes in the chemical composition of bone and cartilage tissue and leads to a loss of elasticity and strength of the elements of the spine (discs). Their structure changes, first the outer layer (annulus fibrosus) is destroyed, then the inner layer (nucleus pulposus). A disc (fibrous cartilage) that has completely lost its properties can be deformed, invaded by growths (osteophytes) and displaced.
The discs, changing their shape, size and location, either pinch the nerve roots (they can injure any of the 8 pairs of spinal nerves located in this area) or the blood channels (arteries responsible forfeeding the brain pass through this area). . . In the first and second cases, the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine are clearly felt.
Cervical osteochondrosis is the most common diagnosis that a neurologist or a vertebrologist must make to his patients. Osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebra, as the most common reason to see a doctor, is the consequence of two reasons:
- Anatomical features. The vulnerability of the upper part of the ridge is associated with the decrease and fragility of its connecting elements (vertebrae, discs).
- Heavy loads. The neck is responsible for both mobility and stability. This can only cause rapid "wear" of the weak links.
This is why the question: is cervical osteochondrosis treated? worried a lot.
Causes of the disease
Before proceeding to the point: how to cure cervical osteochondrosis, you need to understand the causes of its occurrence and try to exclude the factors that can trigger the onset of its development.
It is not possible to give a complete list of catalysts, but it is quite possible to highlight the moments that can lead to the fact that the signs of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine will not make youwait.
The main causes of osteochondrosis:
- unhealthy eating (on-the-go snacks, fast food, lack of diet, and a complete and balanced diet - this is a direct path to depletion of cartilage and bone tissue, which is not getting enoughtrace elements and vitamins to support his health);
- sedentary lifestyle (another possible option is the lack of physical activity, this causes the stagnation of the ridge elements and the lack of oxygen to the tissues);
- genetic predisposition (in this case you can ask your parents what to do with cervical osteochondrosis, they will tell you how to get rid of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and how this disease manifests itself);
- past injuries (the need to obtain information about what cervical osteochondrosis is can also arise when the development of this disease is the result of displacement or rupture of intervertebral discs as a result of'a wound);
- diseases of the vascular system, infectious or inflammatory in nature (in the first case, information on the topic: how to treat osteochondrosis of the cervical spine occurs due to a lack of nutrients that support cartilage tissue, inthe second, due to the fault of autoimmune and necrotic processes that destroy the joints, vertebrae and discs).
The instability of the hormonal background caused by overweight or stressful situations, as well as poor posture (scoliosis) are two more reasons to get acquainted with the materials of the case: is it possible to cure the caseosteochondrosis of the cervical spine.
Signs of illness
The causes of cervical osteochondrosis have been established. The work on the bugs is finished. Now the most important thing is not to miss the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the neck (in the event that the risk factors have been removed too late and the disease has already started to manifest itself). The sooner they are diagnosed, the easier and faster the recovery will be.
For convenience, it is convenient to divide all signs of the disease into two groups. This can be done on the basis of the main criterion: the origin.
The first group is the phenomenon, the onset of which is caused by the clamping of the blood arteries (caused by vascular changes). Compressed channels for transporting blood, saturated with oxygen and nutrients, cannot fully cope with their task, parts of the brain receive less nutrition and lose part of their functional capacities.
The second group includes symptoms, the manifestation of which is associated with pinched nerve endings (caused by neurological changes). In most cases, the vagus nerve (coordinating the state of the esophagus, pharynx and larynx), the phrenic nerve (responsible for heart rate and regulation of the respiratory process), as well as the nerve endings thatinnervate other organs of the internal structure, suffer from deformation, destruction and mixing of discs and vertebrae.
More detailed information on how not to miss the first "bells" of the disease in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and how to use the timely help that the attending physician can offer is presented inthe table below.
Symptoms of the disease
|Changes in the state of the vascular system||dizziness, fainting
lack of coordination
decreased concentration of attention
loss of visual acuity and hearing
black dots in front of the eyes
|Neurological changes||pain in neck, temples, occiput (constant, paroxysmal)
pain radiating to arm, shoulder, interscapular region, chest
shortness of breath, shortness of breath, suffocation
pressure, chest tightness, angina
lump in throat, difficulty swallowing, dryness, itchy throat
Important! When at least one symptom of the above table appears, it is necessary to undergo an emergency examination and start treatment for osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Any other behavior can lead to more serious consequences, which cannot be cured without surgery!
How to treat cervical osteochondrosis, that's how the painful question sounds. The answer is unambiguous: with the help of complex therapy prescribed by a competent qualified doctor.
The fight against this disease requires discipline on the part of the patient and strict compliance with the recommendations of a specialist. In most cases, osteochondrosis of the cervical spine can be cured using several methods of traditional and alternative medicine at once (only the doctor coordinating the patient can determine a specific program aimed at the effective treatment of lcervical osteochondrosis).
Usually it chooses techniques from the following list:
Physiotherapy is an excellent tool in health therapy, which both cures osteochondrosis of the cervical spine and improves overall health. It solves several problems at once:
- normalizes blood circulation;
- speeds up metabolic processes;
- relieves pain syndrome;
- strengthens the muscle corset;
- relieves the spine;
- loads with gaiety and optimism.
There are a number of rules that explain how to get rid of cervical osteochondrosis by loading properly without making the situation worse. They read:
- the set of exercises should be selected by a specialist who has an idea of the general clinical picture (age, chronic diseases and characteristics of the patient);
- any discomfort during classes should become a reason for refusing gymnastics (at least before consulting a doctor), as well as a period of exacerbation of the disease;
- overly active lunges are completely excluded, you have to do it carefully, without haste; Exercises
- should be performed regularly (exercises once in a while will not solve the problem).
Massage (manual therapy)
Is there any other way to cure cervical osteochondrosis? Enough. All that is needed to activate the regenerative properties of the body, relieve spasms, release nerve roots, pinched arteries, and reduce symptoms are the skillful hands of an excellent masseur or manual.
The general guidelines are as follows:
- the procedure should be performed by a specialist with appropriate training and experience;
- time of exposure to the problem area - no more than 35 minutes;
- duration of a course (without interruption) - no more than 12 sessions;
- any change in the patient's condition should be known to his or her attending physician.
Important! Doing a massage for osteochondrosis or going to a therapist - a manual with contraindications is strictly prohibited!
This field of clinical medicine has found its own answer to the question: how to get rid of osteochondrosis? She suggests using the healing properties of various phenomena, including:
- high frequency sound waves (ultrasound);
- mechanical vibrations (vibration);
- electric currents of various intensities (electrophoresis, UHF);
- ultraviolet radiation (quartz);
- other physiotherapy techniques.
These procedures contribute to the development of positive dynamics. They normalize blood flow, relieve inflammation, relieve pain, facilitate the administration of drugs and shorten the time it takes for them to be absorbed by the tissues.
How to deal with cervical osteochondrosis, which continues to progress, despite all attempts to stop this process? Only with the help of drugs designed to eliminate the causes of this phenomenon.
All drugs used in an integrated approach are divided into several groups, depending on the action taken. The table below will help clarify the situation.
|Analgesics, NSAIDs||pain relief,
elimination of inflammatory process
||muscle spasm relief|
|Chondroprotectors||activation of the function of tissue regeneration,
restoration of the structure of discs, vertebrae, joints
|Vitamins and minerals
||stimulation of metabolic processes,
activation of protective properties of the body,
strengthen the immune system,
The specialist decides for himself how to treat osteochondrosis of the neck. It can supplement the treatment with drugs belonging to the group of vasodilators (to relieve vasodilators), antidepressants (to relieve nervous tension) and others, depending on the general clinical picture of the disease.
In summary, we can give an unambiguous answer to the main question: is osteochondrosis treated? Yes, but only under the strict supervision of a competent doctor and with the great desire of the patient himself!