The occurrence of painful sensations – signal of the body about the failure. If you have pain in the right side of the back, pay attention to a symptom and take care of its removal. Independently determine the cause of the emerging pain is possible only approximately, for the determination of an accurate diagnosis need the help of a doctor. If you do not understand what the doctor needs, make an appointment with a therapist. It will be send to the examination and will mean the scheme of future events.
When unbearable, acute, sharp pain call the ambulance. You may need urgent medical intervention!
Listen to your body and find out specifically where you have pain, where does pain and whether there are other symptoms. When problems with the spine or the muscles of the pain arises in any part of the back and depends on the location of the problem. Often it's situational and arises after strenuous exercise or improper posture. Acute inflammatory processes of the internal organs are usually accompanied by other symptoms: weakness, nausea, cough, increased temperature. In the early stages of the disease may be specific manifestations, in addition to the pain syndrome, therefore, for early detection of disease is important to seek medical help.
Instead of the pain characterizes the authority to which it is necessary to pay attention to:
- The upper part of the back right under the scapula acromion. There are diseases of the respiratory system and spine.
- The middle part of the back on the right side under the ribs. This is the area of the lower divisions of the lungs, digestive system, pancreas, gall bladder, liver.
- The lower part of the back to the right, around the waist – area of the urinary system the right kidney.
- The shoulders of the right – possible issues with bowel problems, gynecology, excretory system.
- Whole back on the right side – digestive system, spine, muscles.
Diseases of the respiratory tract
Function – the strengthening of painful sensations during deep inhalation or exhalation. To treat are turning to the general practitioner, who, if necessary, will lead to a pulmonologist.
- Pleurisy – inflammation of pleura. Pain wears a stabbing or cutting nature, intensifies during deep breathing, sudden movements and the weakening, if you lie down on the sore side. Other symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath. Diagnosed with an x-ray, ULTRASOUND. For the treatment antibiotics are used, different medical manipulations, sometimes even surgery.
- Pneumonia – is an inflammatory process of the respiratory flag of the lungs. Pain felt under the scapula acromion or under the ribs, worse during deep breathing, coughing. In rare cases, in the initial stage of the disease other symptoms not further elevated temperature, a cough, sputum production, weakness. It is treated with antibiotics, which selects the physician.
- Pneumothorax — accumulation of gas in the pleural cavity of the lungs. The pain is very strong, spicy, sting, gives in hand, over the shoulder, is amplified when breathing and coughing. A person the feeling that sitting or polulezhachee situation, appear shortness of breath and cold sweat, panic. Diagnosed by x-ray and a puncture lung. Need immediate help from a doctor!
- Lung cancer is. Unbearable and constant severe pain only occurs in the last stages of cancer, when the tumor is sprouting in the pleura.
- Heart attack pneumonia – necrosis of part of the lung and the impregnation of this body with the blood in clogged arteries clot. The pain is very strong, strong, the blade on the right side below the scapula acromion. Other symptoms: shortness of breath, tachycardia, haemoptysis. Urgently need an ambulance!
Diseases of the digestive system
Are accompanied, as a rule, other symptoms: pain in the abdomen, nausea, vomiting. The therapist can refer you to a gastroenterologist.
- Flatulence – accumulation of gas in the intestines. The pain is dull, dragging, accompanied by swelling of the abdomen. Appear after ingestion of certain foods (legumes, soda, etc.), as a result of intestinal disease or neurosis. The painful symptoms are eliminated, antispasmodics, absorbents and defoamers.
- Appendicitis – appendicitis. If the shoulders are located at the blind intestine, then the painful feelings occur in the abdomen, as happens in most cases, and in the lower back down the right. The pain is strong, permanent, it gives on the feet, groin, pelvic area. If you lie on your left side – it will quickly rise. Other symptoms: nausea, weakness, sometimes the temperature is above 38 degrees. Requires urgent surgical intervention!
- Intestinal colic – spasm of the muscles of the intestine. Pain in the lower lumbar sunbathing, colicy: then is amplified, then decreases, after a while passes into the abdomen. Other symptoms: weakness, frequent urination, nausea, diarrhea. Possible causes: food poisoning, stress, intestinal diseases, gastritis. When intestinal colic take antispasmodics and put a heating pad.
Strong intestinal colic may signal a serious disease in which in no case can not use a heating pad, and we urgently need an ambulance!
- Acute cholecystitis – inflammation of the gallbladder. Pain in the right part of the abdomen, in the hypochondrium, giving in the field under the right shoulder blades. Can take place separately after some time (half an hour-an hour). Arises more often in the night or in the morning, after the consumption of fatty foods and alcohol. Other symptoms: bitter taste in the mouth, nausea, vomiting of bile, white spots on the tongue. It is diagnosed based on blood, urine, stool, ULTRASOUND of the gallbladder. Treated surgically or medicinal means, necessarily stick to the diet.
- Acute pancreatitis – inflammation of the pancreas. Pain in the lateral part of the abdomen, gives the in the lower back on the right side. In rare cases, the feelings from the side of the belly is missing and the felt only on the back, in the middle part of the right. The pain is dull, colicy: then is amplified, then it fades away. Other symptoms: nausea, vomiting without relief, a person acquires a grayish hue, bloating. In the amplification of pain call management quick help! While waiting for the doctor, you can take antispasmodic. Long-term exposure to pancreatitis occurs a dull ache in the right side from the back after overeating or drinking alcohol.
Diseases of the urinary system
The most common cause of pain in the right side in the back, if it is not associated with the spine and muscles. The therapist will redirect you to a urologist or nephrologist.
- Retroperitoneal hematoma or retroperitoneal bleeding – internal bleeding when damage to the organs of the abdominal cavity. Arises as a result of injury: falls from a height, hitting in the stomach. Pain in the back and in the abdomen depends on the extent of damage: from absence of symptoms to the pain of the shock. Is diagnosed on the basis of the results of ULTRASOUND, computed tomography and radiography. Requires a medical intervention!
Sometimes at the beginning of the diseases of the kidneys and the urinary system is manifested only by pain syndrome in the lumbar without the other symptoms!
- Nephroptosis – the offset of the kidney. At the beginning of the disease, pain in the right side from the back fickle, boring. Displayed in an upright position of the body, especially after a strong cough or physical activity. Passes, if you lie down. Furthermore, feelings of pain are increasing, you may experience renal colic. It is diagnosed by palpation, ULTRASOUND examination in a lying down position and in a standing position, MRI. First degree prolapse of the kidney treated by conservative methods: gymnastics, bandages, sanatorium treatment, massage. The second and third degree may require surgery.
- Renal colic – blockage of the upper urinary tract. The pain is strong, colicy in the waist area on the right side, gives to the pubic region, later extending to the whole lower back. Can rise the body temperature, appear vomiting, bloating. Before the arrival of doctors ambulance you can have a drink or applied antispasmodics. If in addition to the pain, no other symptoms, well helps warm warmer. While waiting for the doctor should lie to the kidneys were higher in the bladder (semi-sitting position of the body).
- Urolithiasis – kidney stones disease – the formation of stones in the excretory system. Depending on the location of the stones, the pain may occur in different parts of the back: in the failure of the Cup – dull pain deep in the lower back, renal pelvis — gives the right hypochondrium, in the upper part of the ureter – acute unbearable pain in the lower back during the movement, it can spread into the area from the hypochondrium to the groin. In the presence of a stone in the lower department of the ureter – severe pain in the lower ward the lower part of the back with the transition to the reproductive organs. Is diagnosed on the analyses of the urine, ULTRASOUND, MRI. It is treated by conservative or surgical method (choice of doctor). Often doctors prescribed herbs: fennel, violet, calendula, cinquefoil, leaves cranberries, st john's wort, sage, bearberry, rose hips and more. In the pharmacy they sell a special herbal kidney fees.
- Hydronephrosis – enlargement of the pelvis. Pain is pain, regardless of the position of the body. Urine may be dark and painted in reddish hues — it is a sign of is the presence of blood. Pain is pain, sometimes manifested symptoms of renal colic, weakness, nausea. Diagnosed by ULTRASOUND and x-ray. Treated in a hospital environment), it is necessary to excretion of urine for reducing the pressure in the kidneys occur.
- Pyelonephritis – a bacterial inflammation of the kidneys. Pain is pain, dull, sometimes encircling, is not dependent on the position of the body, may be similar to renal colic. Other symptoms: frequent urge to urinate, swelling of the face and extremities. Diagnosed by blood tests and urinalysis, ULTRASOUND, computed tomography, x-rays. It is treated with antibiotics which should be prescribed by a doctor based on the results of the analyses.
- Abscess of the kidney – a purulent inflammation. Rarely occurs: as a result of pyelonephritis or urinary disease. The pain is sharp, spicy. The symptoms are similar to pyelonephritis, moreover, there may be chills, thirst. Need to call an ambulance, and urgent operation!
Problems with the spine, the spinal brain
Feature of this type of pain is in the fact that they are better or fade depending on the movement and position of the body. Your doctor may direct you to a podiatrist, just a neurologist, manual therapist.
- Osteochondrosis – dystrophic violation of the joint skin. The pain is dull, depending on the location it gives in the shoulder, arm or leg, the sacrum and the buttocks. Man is hard to bend, straighten the back. During physical exertion, sudden movements, long static posture feelings are calm — fade. To facilitate the state eliminate muscle spasm and inflammation. In the treatment applying anti-inflammatory drugs, painkillers, warming ointments, often doctors prescribe physical therapy: paraffin wraps, phonophoresis, laser therapy. In osteochondrosis of the helpful therapeutic massage.
- Spondylosis – deformation of the vertebrae due to growths of bone tissue. The processes of squeezing the surrounding nerve endings and cause sore, with a dull, unilateral pain, which is not dependent on posture and time of day. If on palpation push on a painful stretch, there will be an acute lumbago. In the lumbar form of sometimes there is numbness of the feet. Diagnosed by x-ray, MRI. Treated with painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs, useful massage and electrophoresis.
- Intervertebral hernia – a protrusion of the intervertebral disc. It is characterized by constant pulling, aching head, which amplifies at the end of the day. Sudden movements may feel lumbagoa, acute lighting of the pain. Feelings are more intense when cornering to the side, slopes, and fade in a lying position. To facilitate the status, you can take a painkiller (paracetamol, analgin, novocain). Treatment is aimed at removing the pain and inflammation, are written physical therapy and massage. Operative intervention — a rare and serious testimony.
- Radiculopathy (sciatica) – the defeat of the nerve roots of the spinal cord. In most cases, is a consequence of degenerative disc disease, intervertebral hernia, or stenosis (narrowing of the spinal channel). The pain is strong — sharp or dull, gives to the various departments of the spine. The typical loss of sensitivity of certain areas of the muscles of the back, this process is accompanied by numbness or tingling, a sensation of burning. Treatment is aimed at the identification and elimination of the causes of the occurrence of symptoms. To facilitate the state taking pain medication, do massage, have a special ointment. From folk remedies helps to bath, and the use of natural wool on the sick place.
The main thing – to quickly seek medical help. Many of the disease is treated much easier, less expensive according to the time and is cheaper in money, if they are detected in the early stages of the occurrence. Take care of health!