Pain in the lower back can make a person completely unable to, so how to walk, move and even lie when such a symptom is sometimes very problematic.
The article describes the possible causes of pain in the lower spine. Describes the manifestations of the disease, methods of diagnosis and treatment.
The problem of painful manifestations in the spine are the most relevant for the elderly. But also, doctors often listen to the complaints that it is hurting the back in the bottom of the spine, from people of a younger age.
Pain — is a signal of any problems in the body. It is not a separate disease, most often, it is a manifestation of one or another pathology. A variety of lesions of the axial skeleton are the most common causes of pain in the lumbar-sacral area.
Causes of pain in the spine and the symptoms of the disease, that cause her
Back pain in the lower part of the spine can be the cause of various diseases of the back. Surprised can be any structure of the vertebrae pillar — joints, vertebrates, discs, muscles, ligaments, tendons.
Provoking factors for the development of the disease are:
- age-related changes;
- a sedentary lifestyle;
- systemic diseases;
- excessive load on the spine;
- some of the infection.
There are a number of diseases in which pain in the lower part of the back expressed the most intense that it interferes with the usual way of life of a person.
Table №1. Diseases of the spine and their manifestations:
|Disease ankylosing Spondylitis — a chronic inflammatory disease of the spine. Most often develops in the joints of the lumbar-sacral spine.||The disease develops gradually. The symptoms manifest themselves depending on the stage. In the early stage of the disease is practically asymptomatic. Every morning hurts in the lower spine, the person feels mild restriction of motion. These symptoms pass after physical exertion. With the development of the disease, symptoms will intensify. At a later stage develop a typical for this disease, spine deformity — the possession of the applicant (photo).|
|Hernia of the lumbar spine — protrusion of the disc nucleus pulposus beyond the margin between the two vertebrae.||The main symptom is severe pain in the lower part of the spine. It appears due to the retention of the nerve roots. The pain may give to the buttocks and legs. There was a decrease in the amplitude of movements, becomes difficult to squat, climb the ladder. A failure is present the sensitivity of the skin in the area of injury — worsens the feeling of cold or hot.|
|Sciatica osteochondrosis — degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the spine and intervertebral discs.||Pathology is manifested by pain in the buttocks and reduces the tone of the calf muscles. It becomes the cause of limitation of physical activity. Patients complain of quick fatigue, loss of vitality. The pain of the spine at the bottom allows you to choose a comfortable position for sleep, so the body cannot relax. Increases the sensitivity of the legs, spasms. The skin of the extremities is dry, flakes.|
In addition to the above diseases, pain in the lower spine can cause disease of the internal organs. Therefore, when the occurrence of pain symptoms, you need to go to a medical facility for diagnosis and subsequent treatment.
Methods of diagnosis
Before that, how to assign the drug, the doctor is obliged to determine the causes of, caused the pain. Due to the complexity of diagnosis, using all possible research methods.
The preliminary diagnosis is still in the stage of exploration and examination of the patient. To his confirmation, it is necessary to conduct laboratory and instrumental studies.
- Analysis of blood, urine, injection of bone tissue. Data analysis can show the presence of an inflammatory process, rheumatoid factor, various infections, increase in uric acid levels.
- The X-rays. Radiography shows the status of the bones of the spine, the availability of osteophytes, the height of the joint space. So on the x-ray images it is possible to see the presence of intervertebral hernia.
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. Treatments allow you to in detail explore the spine and the pelvic bones, the layers to explore the surrounding soft tissues, determine the presence of tumor growths.
Early diagnosis allows to prevent the development of complications and improve treatment outcomes.
How treatment should be
Treatment of pain in the lumbar-sacral spine depends on its causes, is focused on its elimination. Treatment is selected individually.
But in any case must be complex:
- medical therapy;
- therapeutic physical training;
- people's medicine.
If it hurts the spine in the lower part, it is necessary to reduce the burden on it. For this the patient is assigned to bed rest and the wearing of orthopedic aids — corsets, bandages, lumbar brace and belt.
People with excess weight has asked adherence to low-calorie diets. It is necessary to exclude from the diet of fatty, fried dishes, sausages, canned foods, pastries and confectionery.
The disease in the early stages amenable to conservative treatment. When running the pathology need surgery. Increasingly spends minimally invasive surgery, which is the least traumatic, that reduces the rehabilitation period.
Treatment of medicinal products, occupies an important place in the correction of diseases of the axial skeleton, and leads to the improvement of the condition of the patient in the proper selection of drugs. Treatment is aimed at eliminating the causes and symptoms, restore function of the spine.
The price of the drugs can be relatively high, but without them it is impossible to achieve positive results.
Virtually all of the medical institutions engaged in treatment of the musculoskeletal system, offer patients to alleviate the condition using a variety of physiotherapy. Physiotherapy is regarded as an effective way, because after its use to reduce pain and inflammatory processes, improve blood circulation and nutrition of articular tissues, accelerating the recovery of the whole organism.
- Electrophoresis. Using galvanic current to tissues of the spine are introduced to drugs. While the dose of the drug reduced, but it does not reduce its effectiveness.
- Laser. The amplified light beam acts on the nerve roots and removes the neurological symptoms. Stimulates the renewal of damaged tissues.
- Magnetic therapy. It is the most effective method for the treatment of degenerative disc disease of the lumbar. The electromagnetic field of low frequency, improves blood circulation and restores mobility in the lumbar.
- Ultrasound. Ultrasonic waves to effectively remove pain and inflammation. Have a firming effect on the affected area.
The treatment can be further developed in sanatoriums, where patients are offered all kinds of therapeutic baths, showers, mud treatment.
Therapeutic physical education
Exercise therapy in diseases of the lumbar-sacral spine is appointed after a comprehensive examination of the patient to the exclusion of associated diseases and heavy forms of the disease, which may cause a deterioration of the condition of the patient.
The patient is given detailed instructions on performing the exercise:
- exercise should be regular;
- the pace of performing the exercise — slow, with the constant scrutiny of well-being;
- exercises are performed smoothly, without sudden movements;
- you cannot independently change the intensity and order of exercises;
- the lesson ends in the amplification of pain in the lower back;
- during breaks helpful to hang on a horizontal bar during one minute.
With approximate complex exercises can be seen by watching the video in this article.
The person feels huge discomfort, if it hurts in the bottom of the spine. Therefore, in the course are all ways to eliminate this pain. Along with the traditional treatment, employment, and folk medicine.
There are many, proven for centuries remedies, help to fight with the unpleasant manifestations of the disease of the spine:
- Compress of black radish. Grate the root, squeeze and mix with sour cream. On the lower part of the back, put this mass, cover with foil and tie a woolen cloth. Hold half an hour, not allowing a strong burning sensation.
- Honey rubbing. Lower back intensely ground honey normalize blood circulation. The procedure is done before bedtime.
- Warming dry heat. Sew from thick fabric bag and fill it with buckwheat grain, salt, or cherry jam. Reheat in oven or microwave oven, and attach to the lower back.
- Infusion cinquefoil. Dry root cinquefoil medium size grind and pour half a liter of vodka. Take a month. Take a teaspoon 3 times a day.
The effectiveness of folk recipes long been recognized by official medicine. But before using them it is necessary to consult with the attending physician.
Folk remedies for the treatment of back pain are prepared from natural ingredients
A condition when a person heavily hurt my back, bottom of spine a person feels discomfort, requires immediate treatment to the doctor. In time rendered medical aid reduces the risk of complications.