There are certain recommendations of the orthopedic surgeons on the choice of beds, mattresses and pillows. They should be comfortable and not cause curvature of the spinal column during the night's rest. It is best to buy a special orthopedic mattress and pillows.
In this article, he spoke not only about why it hurts your back after sleep, but are given the practical instructions of the podiatrist about how to properly organize your sleeping place to rest. also is a list of the most common diseases of the musculoskeletal system, which give rise to similar symptoms. You will learn on this page about it, that should be taken for early diagnosis of disease and which doctor should ask to carry out an effective and safe treatment.
Physiological causes of back pain at night
All causes of back pain at night can be divided into physiological and pathological. The first group includes all those changes that occur with the tissues of the body during a night's rest under the influence of secreted the hormone melatonin.
It is a substance, generated by the pineal gland, which is responsible for the flavor of biological daily rhythms of the functioning of the human body. Starts to is produced by and appear in the blood only at certain times of the day (this is the interval between 21:00 and 23:00 hours local time). For its successful products, it is necessary to complete darkness. if you are used to fall asleep in front of the tv, then about a full night of holiday speech can not go. Before the flashing screen of the tv, tablet, laptop or smartphone production of the hormone melatonin happens.
This substance is responsible for many processes in the human body:
- per day actively working muscles of the skeleton of the back builds up a huge number of metabolites, the lactic acid – for their destruction is responsible melatonin;
- to restore the intervertebral disc requires release not only muscles but also the longitudinal ligaments – the beneficial effect does melatonin;
- this substance is also stabilizes the work of the nerve fibers, begins to conduct impulses more gently, in slow motion;
- starts the process of muscle relaxation;
- has a stabilizing effect on the respiratory and cardiovascular system;
- includes the mechanism of activation of the "zone regeneration" as a result of the initiation of the process of formation of the growth hormone somatotropin (it is involved in the process of restoration of all damaged per day body tissues at the cellular level).
All these mechanism are directed to during the night's rest the human body is completely restored himself, met their energy balance and get rid of the accumulated products of cellular decomposition.
Physiological causes of back pain at night include factors that prevent the normal escape of all the described processes. It is such aspects of negative influences, such as:
- a poorly organized place for sleep;
- sleep that is light or in front of the tv screen;
- an unpleasant posture for sleep;
- strong night clothes;
- insomnia and inducing its factors (for example, frequent urination);
- food just before going to sleep.
Important before bedtime ventilate the room, make every day one and the same rituals (washing, dressing in pajamas, brushing teeth, etc.). All of this helps to prepare the body and the pineal gland to secrete melatonin and the proper restoration process of the entire body.
If the sleep is restless, muscles do not relax and from them are derived lactic acid and metabolites. Respectively, in the morning, after waking up can be felt pain in it, tension, stiffness of movements.
After a night of sleep is hurting my back: pathological causes
And now let's look at the pathological causes of why your back hurts, after sleep, what diseases can cause the emergence of this symptom. let's start with the excursion in the anatomy. So, spin – this the conventional designations of body parts. This includes the collar area of the neck, rib cage, lower back and sacrum.
The spine is the reference mechanism composed of the bodies of the vertebrae and their sharing of the depreciation of the intervertebral discs. The integrity, stability and flexibility of the vertebrae pillar provides the ligamentous apparatus. Nutrition and vascularity of the intervertebral disc ensures the muscular skeleton of the back. The same thing, is responsible for the committing of all movements.
The ribs form a ribcage, inside which are safely stored in the vital organs (heart and lungs). Breathing is ensured thanks to the work of the intercostal muscles. Their innervation at the expense of an offshoot of the root of the nerves.
If the back hurts, after sleep, the causes may include the following diseases of the musculoskeletal system:
- Bechterew or ankylosing spondylitis (inflammatory degenerative diseases, especially noticeable persons of the male sex, is manifested in the early stages of the pain in the morning);
- the curvature of the spinal column in the cervical, thoracic, lumbar departments (kyphoscoliosis, scoliosis );
- degenerative disc disease and its complications – this disease causes more than 80% of back pain after a night's sleep;
- the instability of the position of the vertebral bodies (during a night of rest muscular frame, the back is released and the vertebrae begin to move, that after the awakening gives a significant painful);
- spondiloartrozom and other pathology of the spine the pillar;
- weakness and degeneration of the intercostal muscles (often a similar condition is observed in individuals a long time is located in the intensive care unit on the device of artificial ventilation).
There are other reasons why after a night of sleep hurts your back – are associated with damage to nerve fibers and muscle tissue. It can be the following pathological conditions:
- endocrine pathology, inducing the accumulation of metabolites in the muscle tissue;
- insufficient blood supply leads to a partial dystrophy of the muscles;
- radicular syndrome with a violation of the nerves causes the emergence of symptoms of intercostal neuralgia;
- infection with certain viruses and bacteria causes the development of inflammation in the nerve endings (for example, shingles, caused by virus herpes simplex).
Injuries, diseases of internal organs (pneumonia, pleurisy, tuberculosis, hiatal hernia), increased physical burdens – all of which can cause pain in the back during a night of sleep.
Sore muscles on my back every morning after sleep – diagnostics
Diagnosis of the disease – it is the only right path to recovery using a properly designed treatment. In nature there is a universal remedy against every pain. Pharmacological drugs from the group of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory remedies also do not eliminate the very pain that remove inflammation. And strong pain medication drugs the origin of the "turning" of consciousness of the patient, making him aware of the distress signals coming into the brain from the outbreak of the destruction of the tissues.
Back pain after sleep – this is a signal of problems, developing the disease. It is necessary to conduct a comprehensive diagnosis and identify the pathological changes.
All of these surveys can prescribe a policeman a doctor a therapist. If the pathology of the internal organs, will be excluded, it is necessary to carry out the examination of the spinal column. Provide basic localization of the pain. Try to more precisely identify at what point it hurts the muscles of the back after sleep and in what department of the spine is manifested the greatest stiffness. Then you must do a radiographic image of this department in different planes. This will eliminate most of the diseases of the spine and intervertebral discs.
What to do if after sleep back hurts
The first thing to do, if after sleep hurts your back, is to carry out a revision of its claim on the space. it should be arranged in accordance with the modern requirements for ergonomics and health hygiene. Here are just some of the recommendations of a physician, podiatrist organization of space for sleep:
- it must be a separate room with blackout curtains and tez sources of electromagnetic radiation (tvs, screens and monitors);
- the bed should have an increased forehead;
- the pillow should be flexible and not too high, preferably of a rectangular shape;
- bedding should be made of natural materials.
The second event – a visit to the doctor, a podiatrist. Expert you in the initial stages reveal the dangerous diseases (osteochondrosis, scoliosis, hernia, diseases of ankylosing Spondylitis, etc.).
Third – start a designated physician treatment immediately. There is no common methodology of treatment of back pain after sleep, because it is not an independent disease, but only clinical symptom, which can accompany a huge number of diseases. And treatment in all of these pathologies may differ significantly.
Therefore, look for ways to solve their problems on the vast expanses of the internet, are not only unnecessary, but also dangerous. Much more effective to spend 30 minutes of your personal time, see a doctor-an orthopedic surgeon at our clinic, chiropractic therapy and figure out the exact cause of the back pain after sleep.