Most people have had back pain at least once. Pain usually occurs in the lower part of the lower back. The reasons can be both the consequences of the most common cold and serious injuries.
Characteristics of the occurrence
Back pain can be persistent or intermittent and acute or chronic. It depends on different circumstances. Common reasons for its occurrence:
- rupture of the disc;
- menstrual cramps;
- kidney stones;
- altered posture;
- Injury of the spine;
- lifting weights.
Symptoms of back pain
The pain differs depending on the disease. For example, when a disc is pinched, the pain is sudden or gradually gets worse. It starts in the back and extends to the buttocks and legs. A person needs peace, because movement, sneezing, coughing only increases the pain. A disease such as appendicitis causes severe back pain. If this persists, consult your doctor immediately! Symptoms of endometriosis are pain and spasms in the lower back. Usually, before or during the menstrual cycle, the pain increases. When stretching the lower back, sharp pain occurs, with lateral movements, muscle spasms occur. Peace can make you feel better.
Symptoms that signal problems:
- noise in the ears;
- pulling, painful, constant backache;
- numbness in the limbs;
- pain when tilting the head and turning the body.
The most dangerous symptoms are:
- violation of urination;
- nausea Vomiting;
- increased pain.
It is enough for an experienced doctor to examine the spine and listen to the patient's complaints to diagnose the disease. But there are situations when these actions are not enough. In these cases, special diagnostic methods are used - x-rays, magnetic and calculated resonance imaging.
Once the diagnosis is made, the following treatment measures are taken:
- manual therapy;
- surgical treatment;
- drug therapy;
- remedial gymnastics;
Will help relieve back pain and folk remedies:
- Grate the horseradish and mix with sour cream. Put the resulting mass on the lower back, cover with a towel and tie it on top with a scarf or woolen scarf.
- Use St. John's Wort, thyme, black elderberry, and chamomile. A warm compress of these herbs with a wrap will warm your back well if it has been cooled. The procedure is best performed at night.
- Burdock leaves are distinguished by their healing effect. Pre-dry them, then pour boiling water over them and apply to the sore spot for an hour.
- Horse chestnut is widely used. Carefully grind the dried flowers into powder, take ghee and camphor oil, mix the ingredients in equal proportions. Spread the mixture on a piece of sandwich bread and apply to the sore spot.
- Compresses made from garlic infusion are used. It is mixed with lemon juice. Soak a cotton towel in this mixture and apply it to the sore spot for twenty minutes.
The best way to prevent back pain is to do a variety of physical exercises. It is also necessary to monitor the correct posture while walking and sitting. Weightlifting is contraindicated not only for women, but also for men.
If you suffer from persistent back pain, immediately contact a therapist who, if necessary, will refer you to a neurologist, orthopedist, surgeon or nephrologist.